VIETNAM VISA FOR HONG KONG CITIZENS
Vietnam Visa For Hong Kong Citizens will need a valid passport to visit Vietnam beginning in 2023, regardless of the length of stay or purpose of travel. The Hong Kong passport must be valid for at least six months after entry. At least two blank visa pages are included in the passport.
How to apply:
Travelers from Hong Kong can choose one of the following methods to get a visa for Vietnam:
2/ Visa on arrival
3/ Visa at the embassy
Information for Hong Kong passport holders traveling to Vietnam:
Do Hong Kong residents require a visa to enter Vietnam?
Most Chinese nationals of Hong Kong who visit Vietnam require a visa, which may be obtained using an online e-visa system or at the Vietnamese embassy in Hong Kong. Hong Kong passport holders can obtain the following types of visas:
Tourist visa: A tourist visa to Vietnam lasts 30 days and allows for just one entrance.
Business visa holders can stay in Vietnam for a maximum of 90 days and make multiple entries.
Please remember that Hong Kong residents with British National (Overseas) passports are not eligible for the 15-day visa-free stay and must apply for a visa to visit Vietnam.
How to Get a Vietnamese Visa with a Hong Kong Passport
A Vietnam visa can be obtained in one of three ways:
Visa application at the Vietnam Consulate in Hong Kong
Passport holders from Hong Kong can apply for a Vietnam visa at the Consulate of Vietnam in Hong Kong. To apply, you must:
Send in a visa application form, a passport-size photo, and a passport with at least 6 months remaining validity.
Pay the visa fee, which varies based on the kind and term of the visa.
After about 05 working days, you will receive your passport with the visa stamp in person or through email.
Apply for e-visa online
Vietnam offers an electronic visa option for those visiting the country for either tourism or business purposes. The e-visa allows for a single entry and a stay of up to 30 days. Here are the essential steps to apply:
- Visit the Vietnam Immigration Department's official website and complete the online application process.
- Fill out a form, upload a digital copy of your passport
- Submit the e-visa processing fee online (25 USD ~ 196 HKD).
- Receive the visa via email.
Apply for a visa on arrival
If traveling by air, Hong Kong citizens can apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival. To obtain this type of visa:
- You must reach out to a visa agency or travel company located in Vietnam to obtain a visa approval letter online, which will be issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department.
- Once you have received the letter, you will need to print it out and bring it, along with a passport-size photo and your passport, to one of Vietnam's international airports upon arrival.
Information on the weather:
Weather patterns and temperature ranges differ between Vietnam and Hong Kong (China).
Climate: Vietnam is a tropical nation where monsoons have a strong impact on the weather. Hong Kong, on the other hand, has a subtropical climate with hot and humid summers and mild and dry winters.
Weather: Vietnam has two seasons: the rainy season, which lasts from May to September, and the dry season, which lasts from November to April. The weather is bright and hot throughout this time of year. Meanwhile, Hong Kong has four seasons: spring, summer, autumn, and winter.
Temperatures in Vietnam typically range from 25°C to 35°C (77°F to 95°F). Winters are mild, with temperatures ranging from 14°C to 20°C (57°F to 68°F).
- Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi)
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Danang International Airport (Danang)
- Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong)
- Cam Ranh International Airport (Khanh Hoa)
- Lien Khuong International Airport (Lam Dong)
- Can Tho International Airport (Can Tho)
- Phu Quoc International Airport (Phu Quoc)