NHA TRANG UNIVERSITY
Originally the Fisheries Faculty of the Hanoi Institute of Agriculture and Forestry, Nha Trang University was formed on August 1, 1959. The School of Fisheries was created as a result of the Prime Minister's Decision No. 155-CP of August 16, 1966. To better serve its students, the school moved from Hai Phong to Nha Trang in 1977 and changed its moniker to the University of Marine Products. It was renamed the University of Fisheries in 1980. "Nha Trang University" is the official name of the university from July 25, 2006, according to Prime Minister's Decision No. 172/2006/QD-TTg.
Nha Trang University has earned many prestigious government awards for its contributions to training and research, including the No. 3 Labour Medal, No. 2 Labour Medal, and No. 1 Labour Medal, as well as the No. 3 Independence Medal, No. 2 Independence Medal, and No. 2 Independence Medal, among others. It was in July 2006 that the university was honored with a Labor Hero Medal.
A year-based training system had been in place at the NTU since 1990, as part of the national higher education reform strategy. After a gradual transition, the credit system was implemented in 1995, resulting in improved training quality and services, as well as a greater focus on the student as the center of training.
The National Council for Higher Education Accreditation and Quality Assurance examined and recognized Nha Trang University as one of the first 20 institutions in Vietnam in 2009. As of 2018, Nha Trang University has been accredited for the second time by the Accreditation Commission for Higher Education. Ship Engineering and Seafood Processing Technology were accredited in 2019.
- Faculty of Food Technology
- Faculty of Information Technology
- Faculty of Transportation Engineering
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Accounting and Finance
- Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Faculty of Foreign Languages
- Faculty of Tourism
- Institute for Biotechnology & Environment
- Institute for Aquaculture
- Institute for Marine Science & Fishing Technology
- Institute for Ship Research and Development (UNINSHIP)
- Center for Aquatic Animal Health and Breeding
- Center for Software Technology R & D
- Center for Foreign Languages
- Center for Military and Security Education